Friday, May 28, 2010

Well , Friday again. I am not managing to post things here every day as I wanted , but some days I barely have time to take a shower let along turn on the computer. I am now struggling with my kick drum technique. To play Bossa nova , Samba in medium tempo or even Baião it works with how i have played my rock foot for the last 15 years. But man, try holding down a steady samba at 120 bp with 16's on the hi-hat! There is only one thing to do, and that is to sit down and work with the feet, like I have done for the last weeks, for no less than 5 hours a day. It's so boring I want to throw up, but like my teacher says, God will not come down from heaven and do this for you , you just have to sit there till it works. And I am still sitting..
Well enough about me , over to Milton Banana(Antônio de Souza), who did this very well. He was a self taught bossa nova/jazz drummer. Played with João Gilberto and Stan Gtez, but I recommend Milton Banana Trio !

No comments:

Post a Comment